Are you sick and tired of going to the gym?
Are you sick and tired and of getting the same old exercises from your healthcare provider?
Are you sick and tired of being in pain and continually doing your exercises that do not seem to work?
Have you given up on the exercises as they make the problem worse?
Your back, neck, shoulder, hip, elbow, wrist, ankle and knee pain is usually a dysfunction of the nerve-muscle-joint system. This can be by trauma (falls and accidents), disuse and overuse, stress and other conditions.
I call it the “un-happy triad”, where there is joint dysfunction causing nerve irritation, causing muscle imbalance, causing a continuation of the cycle. You cannot have one problem without the other two causes being involved.
In 1997 the New Zealand Accident Compensation Corporation released guidelines in to the treatment of Acute Low Back Pain.
The same basic recommendations were given in the March 2018 edition of the Lancet Medical Journal.These are:
- Keep busy and active
- Anti-inflammatories (Paracetemol is no longer recommended)
- Spinal Manual Therapy (the core competency of the chiropractic profession).
Other forms of care such as specific back exercises, i.e. pilates, TENS, ultrasound, have been proven NOT to work. Surgery and epidurals are considered a treatment of last resort.
So what should you do?
You should go to Justin’s Gym for exercises and management that will help with whatever is wrong with you and it is evidence based, cheap and exceedingly efficient.
So what is Justin’s gym?
The gym is in your own home and these activities that can be done in the privacy of your own home.
So what does going to Justin’s Gym involve?
Do whatever activity you want to do, so long as it is within pain tolerance. You are not going to damage the area of concern as long as you do not go beyond pain tolerance.
But you must keep busy and active.
- Get a dog and go for regular walks. This will increase heart rate and improve cardiac health as well as the health of you nerve-muscle-joint system.
- Grow a garden for flowers or vegetables. Lifting and twisting to pain tolerance will be good for you.
- Mow the lawns, more walking and lifting. Better than the gym.
- Vacuuming, cleaning windows, scrubbing and polishing are good activities to maintain shoulder and arm strength as well as giving you a neat and tidy home.
The list of activities is endless. Just go and do it!!!!